Markets in Florence, fairs and street markets in a full calendar
Do you love to hunt for bargains and original objects among the markets during your free time? In Florence you will be spoiled for choice during your next holiday in the city. The opportunities to discover a Florence frequented by residents never fail. In different periods of the year you can participate in events, fairs and manifestations that will allow you to enjoy even more the culture and the Florentine tradition. Here is a full calendar of markets in Florence, fairs, events and local markets:
– Belle Époque French Market, from 15 September to 2 October, from 10 am to 8 pm, in Piazza Santissima Annunziata: wooden structures showcasing crafts and French culinary specialties. Cheeses, wines, ciders, sausages, spices and the inevitable baguettes. At the centre of the square there is the Moulin Rouge, the restaurant where you can taste French specialties;
– ARTour the beauty in the square, 17 and 18 September, dedicated to the artistic Craftsmanship of quality, in Piazza Strozzi;
– The Fierucolina of San Michele, 18 September, in Piazza Santo Spirito;
– International Ceramics Fair, on 1 and 2 October 2016 in Piazza S.S. Annunziata with stands of artists from all over the world.
– European International Market, from 6 to 10 October, in Piazza della Santissima Annunziata: every two years which is held in even years. Exhibitors from all over Europe characterize the square with offerings of products and typical artefacts of the different European countries. The exhibition will include gourmet products and local crafts, in food, fashion and décor industries;
– Cascine in Fiera, from 9 to 10 October at the Parco delle Cascine;
– Mercato Manodopera: the Art of handwork, 10-11 September 1-2 October, in Piazza Santissima Annunziata;
– Exhibition of plants and flowers – autumn edition, from 1 to 2 October, in via Vittorio Emanuele II, in the ancient restored garden, adorned with glass building in Art Nouveau style (Tepidario), with stands of all types of plants, from the simplest to the most rare and sought after among tall trees, flower beds and recreation area for children;
– Fiera di Oltrarno, Piazza Santo Spirito, every second Sunday of the month, from 9 am to 07.30 pm;
– Fortezza Antiquaria, every third weekend of the month (on Saturday and on Sunday) in Piazza Vittorio Veneto;
– The Fierucolina is a market that promotes organic and biodynamic farming on a small scale, with products of peasant food and manual crafts. It is held every third Sunday of the month (except in August) in Piazza Santo Spirito (in the Oltrarno).
– Monthly Ciompi Antiques in Piazza Lorenzo Ghiberti, every last Sunday of the month;
– Florence Creativity.it Handmade in Italy, from 27 to 30 October at the Fortezza da Basso;
– TuttoSposi, from October 28 to 1st November in Fortezza da Basso;
– Fierucola delle lane di S.Martino, from 5 to 6 November 2016, in Piazza della Santissima Annunziata;
– Salone biennale dell’Arte e del Restauro di Firenze from 10 to 11 November at the Fortezza da Basso;
– Biennale Enogastronomica Fiorentina, from 10 to 28 November 2016: an event to evaluate the traditional Florentine cuisine and its traditional products. In the various clubs, restaurants, squares and historical palaces of Florence it will alternate events dedicated to good food, for a rich calendar of festivals, shows, food itineraries, markets, tastings and dinners able to transform the lilied city into a meeting place and national food and wine culture;
– Food and wine review, from 17 to 20 November, in Piazza del Carmine, exhibition and sale of Italian food, wine and craftsmanship;
– Florence Tattoo Convention 2016, from 18 to 20 November at the Fortezza da Basso;
– Fierucolina dell’Olio Nuovo, 20th November, in Piazza Santo Spirito;
– Market of San Lorenzo, from Piazza San Lorenzo to Via dell’Ariento, all around the Basilica of San Lorenzo (in the historic centre of Florence) with clothes, leather goods, souvenirs, etc… it is closed every Sunday and every Monday.
– Central Market with stalls inside the market of San Lorenzo, in Via dell’Ariento, where you will find the best food market in the city. It is open every morning from 7 to 14, on Saturday from 7 to 17, it is closed on Sunday and public holidays.
– Sant’Ambrogio Market, in Piazza Ghiberti and Piazza Sant’Ambrogio, the market is or inside or outside. Take a walk and find out fresh fruits, vegetables, clothes, flowers, shoes and stalls appliances, then enter if you are looking for fresh meat or fish, pasta, general groceries or good cheeses. Are you hungry? Then you should sit at the inner restaurant (good and cheap). The market is open every weekend (except on Sunday) from 7 to 14.
– Mercato delle Cascine located in the Parco delle Cascine (the largest park in Florence) it opens every Tuesday morning (from 7 to 14) with fruits, vegetables, clothing, general groceries, stalls appliances, antiques, phone cards, shoes and anything else you need.
– Mercato delle Pulci in Piazza dei Ciompi, open every day from 9 to 19.30. If you can, go there last Sunday of every month, when the stalls extend until the surrounding streets. Here you can find furniture and antiques, paintings, coins and jewellery. You can also find affordable treasures amidst the antiques.
We wait for you at the Hotel Brunelleschi, four-star hotel in the historic centre of Florence, an ideal starting point for your excursions among the most characteristic places of the city.
Did you like our proposal on Florence markets? Stay tuned. There will be soon new updates on the Christmas markets in 2016.
See you soon with more news on the Christmas markets in Florence Italy!