Are you planning a trip and are you thinking about what to do in Florence in August?
Even in the middle of summer you will find out many things to do in Florence in August. You will be spoiled for choice. Enjoy the events in Florence between two relaxing breaks at the Hotel Brunelleschi. You will enjoy an ideal starting point for your excursions and your walks in the city. Do not forget to take a look at our offers and rates, the best available on the internet at the best prices and conditions. Choose among the many rooms and suites designed for your comfort and your well-being.
Here is the selection of the best things to do in Florence in August:
- Florence Dance Festival, Great Cloister of Santa Maria Novella, until 4 August,
- Mercato e Botteghe, Piazza del Carmine, 6 August,
- Outdoor cinema, piazzale degli Uffizi, until 8 August,
- Feast of San Lorenzo, Piazza San Lorenzo, 10 August,
- The 15th August dinner in Florence, Osteria Pagliazza, piazza Santa Elisabetta,
- Children at the museum, Museum of the Opificio delle Pietre Dure, every weekend,
- Leonardo: the tables of the Last Supper, Palazzo del Pegaso (Panciatichi), Expo Comuni Toscana – Exhibition space Carlo Azeglio Ciampi (entrance from via de’ Pucci, 16), until 24 August,
- Ciompi Mensile Antiquariato, Piazza Lorenzo Ghiberti, 25 August,
- Promotional Fair of plants and flowers, Piazza dei Ciompi, every Friday morning,
- The New Generation Festival, Garden of Palazzo Corsini sul Prato, via della Scala 115, from 28 to 31 August,
- Opening of the Fortezza da Basso, 31 August,
- Frederick Stibbert artist and collector, Stibbert Museum, until 1 September,
- Leonardo and his books. The library of the Universal Genius, Museo Galileo, until 22 September,
- The books of the Grand Duke Cosimo I de’ Medici, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana, until 18 October,
- Make art not war, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, until 20 October,
- Leonardo da Vinci. On the traces of the Anghiari Battle, Museo di Palazzo Vecchio, until 12 January 2020,
- Sustainable Thinking, Salvatore Ferragamo Museum, until 8 March 2020,
- The return of Giuseppe Principe dei Sogni, Salone dei Dugento in Palazzo Vecchio, until 29 August 2021.
Are you looking for other suggestions on what to do in Florence in August? Please, contact our concierge at email@example.com or by phone at 0039.055.27370. We are at your disposal for organizing personalized tours, excursions and restaurant reservations and best event tickets.