Holidays in Florence in the footsteps of Leonardo da Vinci? Here is our offer to learn more about one of the greatest geniuses of all time, not just a sculptor, architect, inventor, serviceman, engineer, and designer, but the model of the Renaissance man. Celebrate with us Leonardo 2019, the year dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo da Vinci.
With the Leonardo da Vinci Experience offer, retrace the steps of his life with a dip in history through the exploration of the small town of Vinci, his hometown, his childhood home, and the museum dedicated to him with all his inventions, drawings, and writings. All this in the package designed for a stay at the Hotel Brunelleschi, located in the heart of Florence and unique pearl that distinguishes itself in the Florentine landscape for its history. There is so much to tell about the building that hosts the hotel. The offer also includes a visit to the museum located in its foundations, in the ancient and mysterious Byzantine tower of Pagliazza.
Holiday offer in Florence with Leonardo da Vinci
The special offer dedicated to Leonardo da Vinci includes:
– Two or more nights in a room or suite of your choice,
– Full American Breakfast buffet,
– Welcome aperitif upon arrival at the hotel.
– Guided tour of a day including: private transfer for max. 8 guests for Vinci, local tourist guide to visit the town, entry into Leonardo’s house, visit of Leonardo’s museum and lunch in a holiday farm to enjoy the flavours of the territory. The whole tour day is organized by the “Made of Tuscany” agency,
– Free entry to the hotel’s private museum, the “Museo della Pagliazza”, containing a Calidarium of the Roman thermal baths, a hammam used in ancient times for the sauna, and a collection of Renaissance ceramics,
– High-speed Wi-Fi internet connection,
– Access to the fitness room with Technogym equipment.
Guided tour in Vinci
Starting from Florence with private minivan with driver and air conditioning, the tour includes a guided tour to the birth house of the great genius, born as an illegitimate son of a wealthy family. Visit to the town of Vinci and to the museum dedicated to Leonardo, with inventions, drawings, and writings. You will be able to admire in person the landscapes of the Mona Lisa, to delight the palate with wines and flavours of the Leonardian territory. Those who love walking can go along the three kilometres of forest path that separate Leonardo’s birth house from the town of Vinci, and those who want to save energy will have our driver available.
Events for Leonardo 2019
- New Leonardo Room at the Galleria degli Uffizi,
- Verrocchio, Master of Leonardo Exhibition at Palazzo Strozzi from 9 March to 14 July 2019.