Here is a small guide to find out the most romantic places in Florence. We suggest the top 5 places to visit during your next trip to Florence with the person you love. We wait for you at the Hotel Brunelleschi for a magical and unforgettable stay, for your honeymoon, for an anniversary or for a romantic getaway in the heart of Tuscany. In our list of favourites there are:
1) First of all, you cannot miss the sunset over the Arno River, the most magical moment of the day, perhaps with the music of an itinerant orchestra as background. We suggest a stroll at the Ponte Vecchio along the Lungarno degli Acciaiuoli to enjoy the panoramic view over the Ponte Vecchio from Ponte Santa Trinìta (not Trinità).
2) For the more adventurous who want to enjoy a breath-taking view of the city, we suggest to climb the 463 steps of the Brunelleschi’s Dome, the largest ever built in the world.
3) A walk up to Piazzale Michelangelo for an incredible photo.
4) Do you want to discover the place where Dante met Beatrice? Visit the Church of Santa Maria de’ Cerchi also known as the Church of Dante and Beatrice. It lies between the former homes of the family of Beatrice Portinari in Via del Corso (now Palazzo Portinari Salviati) and the home of Dante Alighieri, in front of the Torre della Castagna. In the church, there is the gravestone of Beatrice where tourists leave their messages in a basket.
5) Go to the Boboli Gardens, behind the Pitti Palace, an Italian garden and a museum at open-air full of romantic spots.
Obviously, these are just a few suggestions…Florence is a beautiful city with corners, alleys and places to discover.
Find your favourite and let us know what is!