If you are wondering what to do in Florence in April because you would like to visit the city, here we present a selection of the best events, initiatives and temporary exhibitions not to be missed. With spring you can enjoy the city symbol of the Italian Renaissance in all its splendour and maybe plan carefully a weekend in Florence. In our hotel in the historic centre you will find a wide selection of rooms and suites. We are in a centrally position between Piazza Duomo and Piazza della Signoria, in a picturesque corner of the historic centre of Florence, Unesco Heritage.
Enjoy our family hotel in Florence Italy and built wonderful memories.
The best things to do in Florence in April 2023
Here is our selection of the proposals:
- Artefacendo, Piazza dei Ciompi, April 1;
- Daniel Barenboim, Ludwig van Beethoven (Symphony No. 5 in C minor op. 67 and Symphony No. 6 in F major op. 68, Pastoral) at Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, April 1;
- ARTour del Gusto Toscano, Piazza Strozzi, March 31 to April 2;
- Changing of the Guard, Piazza della Signoria, April 2 (every first Sunday of the month);
- Half Marathon Florence, piazza Santa Croce, April 2;
- Lenten Fairs at Cascine Park, April 2;
- Max Pezzali, Nelson Mandela Forum, April 2;
- La Favola Mia – Giorgio Panariello at Teatro Verdi, April 3;
- ARTour il bello in piazza, Piazza degli Strozzi, April 7 and 10;
- Fiorentina – Spezia at the Stadio Comunale Artemio Franchi, April 8;
- Scoppio del Carro, Piazza del Duomo, April 9;
- Easter lunch in Florence at the Hotel Brunelleschi, April 9;
- 87th ART – International Handicrafts Exhibition, Fortezza da Basso, April 25 to May 1;
- 2023 Plant and Flower Market Exhibition at the Horticulture Garden, Via Vittorio Emanuele II, April 25 to May 1;
- Iris Garden, Piazzale Michelangelo, open to the public, April 25 to May 20;
- Florence Tango Festival (Florence Tango Days), April 27 to May 1;
- Women in Balance 1955- 1965, at Salvatore Ferragamo Museum, through April 18, 2023;
- Inside Banksy, Cathedral of the Image – Former Museum of Santo Stefano al Ponte, through May 1;
- Eleonora da Toledo and the Invention of the Medici Court in Florence, Pitti Palace, through May 14.