What to do in Florence in January? Enjoy winter events and the best theatrical performances and concerts on tour. Below, you will find many tips for your spare time from which to take a cue to book your next holiday in Florence. Find out our advantageous winter rates for the suites and rooms of the 4-star Brunelleschi Hotel in the heart of the historic centre of Florence.
Events in Florence in January: a new year dedicated to art, culture and music
Here are our suggestions on what to do in Florence in January 2023:
- January 1st brunch at Brunelleschi Hotel in Santa Elisabetta Square;
- 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Verdi Theater, January 3 and 4;
- Circo Medrano, at the Nelson Mandela Forum, Jan. 5-6-8;
- Green Line 2022, video projections, installations and workshops dedicated to the world of light, various locations, until Jan. 6;
- Florence Ice Village at Fortezza da Basso from December 4 to January 16;
- Pitti Immagine Uomo, Fortezza da Basso, January 10-13;
- Pitti Immagine Bimbo, Fortezza da Basso, January 18-20;
- Pitti Immagine Filati, Fortezza da Basso, Jan. 25-27;
- Ornella Vanoni, Teatro Tuscany Hall, January 28;
- La Favola mia – Giorgio Panariello, Teatro Verdi, January 30;
- Eliott Erwitt – Photographs at Villa Bardini, October 20, 2022 to January 22, 2023;
- Tony Cragg – Transfer, exhibition at Museo Novecento, September 23, 2022 to January 29, 2023;
- Through – Antonio Signorini, sculptures in various locations in the city, October 8 to January 31, 2023;
- Inside Banksy, Cathedral of the Image – Former Museum of Santo Stefano al Ponte, through Feb. 28;
- Maurits Cornelis Escher exhibition at the Museo degli Innocenti, October 20, 2022 to March 26, 2023;
- Henry Moore. The Sculptor’s Drawing, and Henry Moore in Tuscany at the Museo Novecento, September 16, 2022 to March 31, 2023;
- Women in Balance 1955- 1965, at the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum, through April 18, 2023.
This month we also suggest you a special excursion to the Terme di Saturnia, a special place to spend a special day of well-being. Our concierge is always at your disposal to organize any kind of excursion.
We wait for you at the Brunelleschi Hotel in the heart of the historic centre of Florence, located in the ancient Byzantine tower of Pagliazza.
Our concierge will be happy to give you more information on what to do in Florence in January 2023!