What to do in Florence in January? Enjoy winter events and the best theatrical performances and concerts on tour. Below, you will find many tips for your spare time from which to take a cue to book your next holiday in Florence. Find out our advantageous winter rates for the suites and rooms of the 4-star Hotel Brunelleschi in the heart of the historic centre of Florence.
Events in Florence in January: a new year dedicated to art, culture and music
Here are our suggestions on what to do in Florence in January 2020:
- Artefacendo, piazza dei Ciompi, 4 January;
- The Cavalcata dei Magi, historical procession, historical center: from Piazza Pitti to Piazza del Duomo, 6 January;
- Moon F-Light Firenze Light Festival, various locations, until January 6th;
- Full science at the Museo Galileo, every weekend;
- Pitti Immagine Uomo, Fortezza da Basso, 7-10 January;
- Niccolò Fabi, Verdi Theater, 11 January;
- International Skate Awards, Mandela Forum, 11-12 January;
- Oltrarno Fair, Piazza Santo Spirito, 12 January;
- Gazelle, Mandela Forum, 15 January;
- Pitti Immagine Bimbo, Fortezza da Basso, 16-18 January;
- Brewer of the Year, TuscanyHall Theater (ex ObiHall), from 17th to 19th January;
- Independence Antiques, Independence square, 18-19 January;
- Fierucolina in winter, piazza Santo Spirito, 19 January;
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra / Riccardo Muti, Florence Opera House, January 20;
- Pitti Immagine Filati, Fortezza da Basso, 22-24 January;
- Vintage Selection, Stazione Leopolda, 22-26 January;
- Comics and records, Piazza dei Ciompi, 25 January;
- Ciompi Monthly Antiques, piazza Lorenzo Ghiberti, 26 January,
- Fiorita di San Zanobi, historical procession, Piazza San Giovanni, 26 January;
- Promotional Fair Santo Spirito in Fiera, Piazza Santo Spirito, 26 January;
- Artistic Gymnastics National Championship A1 / A2 / B, Mandela Forum, from January 31st to February 1st;
- Florence Winter Park, Lungarno Aldo Moro, until February 23rd;
- De Chirico, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, from 31 October to 18 February 2020,
- Pietro Aretino and the art of the Renaissance, Uffizi Gallery, Magliabechiana Hall, Gallery of Statues and Paintings, from 26 November 2019 to 3 March 2020;
- Shaped by fire. The bronze sculpture in the Florence of the last Medici, Palazzo Pitti, Tesoro dei Granduchi, until January 12, 2020;
- Mummies. Journey towards immortality, at the Archaeological Museum, until February 2, 2020;
Michelangelo and the Medici through the papers of the Buonarroti Archive, at the Casa Buonarroti Museum, from 19 November to 9 March 2020;
- Sustainable Thinking, Salvatore Ferragamo Museum, until 8 March 2020;
- The return of Giuseppe Principe dei Sogni, Salone dei Dugento in Palazzo Vecchio, until August 28, 2021.
This month we also suggest you a special excursion to the Terme di Saturnia, a special place to spend a special day of well-being. Our concierge is always at your disposal to organize any kind of excursion.
We wait for you at the Brunelleschi Hotel in the heart of the historic centre of Florence, located in the ancient Byzantine tower of Pagliazza.
Our concierge will be happy to give you more information on what to do in Florence in January 2020!